Are you a talent? COME AND SHOW YOUR TALENT IN PORTUGAL
We provide all the conditions for you to succeed
Are you an entrepreneur who intends to develop your startup in Portugal, even though you might not have started your business yet?
Have you already launched a startup in your country but want to set it up in Portugal?
Are you from outside the European Economic Area & Switzerland?”
— If so, you’re eligible to apply for the Startup Visa
StartUP Visa is a residence visa for non-EU-Schenghen startup founders who want to be part of one of the fastest developing startup communities in Europe.
You can apply for a Startup visa if:
- You are an entrepreneur who intends to develop your startup in Portugal, even though you might not have started your business yet;
- You are an entrepreneur who has already launched a startup in your country and you want to set it up in Portugal;
- You did not have regular residence in the Schengen area in a recent past;
- You do not have criminal records;
- You are not under 18 years old;
- You have enough funds in your bank account in a total amount of 5146.08€ for 12 months (per person);
You also have to have proof that:
- Your project/startup is focused on tech;
- Your startup shows potential to the creation of jobs, besides the entrepreneurs you include initially, along with yourself, in your application;
- Your startup shows the potential to generate a turnover of 325,000€/ year and/or assets value over 325,000€/ year, within 5 years after the start of the contract with your chosen incubator;
- You have the capacity to establish a company, when applicable, during the undergoing of the program;
When can YOU apply?
Any time during the year.
Step by Step of the entire process
- Access the Startup Visa online platform here
- The application is submitted in Portuguese or in English language, through an online form, available in the online platform of the program.
- The incubator of your preference gets a notice of your application and revises it.
- If your application is accepted, you will get approved by the incubator and get a notification on the portal informing you about it.
When you apply you should have these docs prepared:
- A motivation letter demonstrating your interest on developing an entrepreneurial and/or innovative project in Portugal;
- Documents necessary for the eligibility process;
- Identification and slide deck of the entrepreneurial project;
Summed up: The evaluation of your application is based on the degree of innovation, the scalability of the business, the market potential,
the capacity of the management team and the potential for creating jobs.
For more detailed information about the Startup Visa, please email us at
- email@example.com or
- Também comunicamos em Português